[ontolog-forum] Offline note

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "John F. Sowa" <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2009 23:37:07 -0400
Cecil,    (01)

In my note to Ontolog Forum, I said that we weren't selling our tools.
However, the software for computing Cognitive Signatures of conceptual
graphs is something that we can provide under contract.    (02)

 > The data sets are HL7 messages passed on disease surveillance
 > to the US CDC. The system that we built processes an XML message,
 > reasons against the syntax of the message to confirm the structure,
 > reasons over the data contained in the message, to validate the
 > terminology, then reasons against the content to determine the
 > disease status (drug resistance pattern, treatment guideline
 > adherence).    (03)

We have done such things for government agencies, but we don't
discuss them in our papers and slides, since they're confidential.
But we have processed many terabytes of data at high speed.    (04)

If you have applications that need high-speed processing of
streaming data we can do it.  And we can even do the parsing
of English text (including highly ungrammatical text).  We
can also process structured data in DBs of any kind.    (05)

See the applications in the following slides:    (06)

     http://www.jfsowa.com/talks/pursue.pdf    (07)

Note the processing of the PDF files for the oil and gas
problem.  Our software analyzed all the English files, mapped
the text to conceptual graphs, and indexed the graphs.  Then
it did the same for the query and matched the query graphs
to the graphs from the 79 text files.  We have done similar
kinds of analyses with other kinds of data -- at high speed.    (08)