Re: [ontolog-forum] [SPAM] Re: [SPAM] Re: Ontology-based database integr

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Pavithra <pavithra_kenjige@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 18:46:43 -0700 (PDT)
Cecil,

There is subject matter expertise like medical science to provide good healthcare from the science part of it !

Then there are subject matter expertise from Systems Engineering  ( Enterprise Archtitect,  with specialities in SOA or Cloud computing or Semantic web .. what ever you call it,  I am one of them..)  expertise..

It is good when people are from multi descipline areas!  One has more choices.   Mostly helps with vision and communications between these areas!

 But that does not mean such people build good systems or good doctors because they have both.

Good doctors can be good doctors without knowing systems engineering.  Good system engineers can be good system builders without knowing medicine!

They are diffrent functionalities.  And thinking does differ!

However from building a good  technology platform one needs good tecnology people who interact well with subject matter expertise or business people!

Some people do build systems well,  some do not.    I am sorry that systems that you use do not have such functinality built in.   In healthcare, there is core functionalities and then there is administration functionalities.  Initially people spend money on systems that supported administrative functionalities like,  appointments and billing and insurance systems ..

Now with so much of support and thanks to people like you who understand medicne and IT   there is support to build systems for core functionalities !

But it is still evolving and I am sure that there is lot of work that can be done to suppliment doctors to do their work!

SOA and Clod Computing  and Sematic web and systems that support artificial inteligence can sure help with that..

Good talking to you..   I have some experience in healtcare, probably we can talk ofline..  ?
Pavithra