Re: [ontolog-forum] When to use pure subclassing and when to use subclas

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: John Bottoms <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 10:59:13 -0400
There are a number of programmer's concepts that have not
been explicitly touched upon. Here are my more recent two.    (01)

How do we specify between something strong typing and weak
typing in an ontology?    (02)

And, there is the issue of counts in specifying the number of
items in a set. SGML allows elements to be a)required, b)zero
or more or c)one or more. Actually, I would like to go beyond
that for clarity and have a count or be able to constrain a
count to a range. (Is this the same question as the first one?)    (03)

For bicycle, I must have 2 wheels.
For vehicle, I might specify it as one or more, to allow for
   motorized unicycles.    (04)

For a bicycle, do I have to specify front_wheel and rear_wheel
to assure that I get two wheels?    (05)

-John Bottoms
  FirstStar
  Concord, MA
  T: 978-505-9878    (06)