Re: [ontolog-forum] just been brought to my attention

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "FERENC KOVACS" <f.kovacs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 23:18:11 +0100
Dear Ravi,

This subject interest me, because I find that our concepts of what is abstract is a function of the distance between us as observers and the object deemed to be abstract. At our scale we have a limited range of observation and whjat is in our focus is sen clearly and defintie as a pattern. If the object is out of focus, we cannot idnetify the form, but soem proeprties of the object. It is always asumed that we can identify soemhting that is perceived as a whole, nd what is seen as a whole must have the boundaries, contours, the start and enddelimiters. then we are at our right scale, human perception and sizes, mesurements. Whatever is beyond that either being too big hence not seen as a  whole, or too small, hence disappearing from sight is seen as abstract. therefore the property abstract is relaltive and we have abstractions that should always be complete and total, in  other words oen or a whole, otherwise we have a problem.
So a relation is complete if you have two objects associated with it
A property is complete if you have an object associated with
And an object is complete if it has relation and proeprty aqssociated with it.i
And a (archaic or proto) concept is complete becasue it has three facets, namely object, relation and property.
Can you follow? Compare with my leter to Rich and my pamphlet at http://www.firkasz.com/e107_files/downloads/semantics.pdf
Also, my earlier posting with the glossary
Regards, frank