Re: [ontolog-forum] syntax & semantics

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Richard H. McCullough" <rhm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 10:11:04 -0700
From: Pat Hayes
<RHM> Consider the English sentence, "Fido is a dog."

#### Thank you for your comments on this example.
#### You have correctly interpreted what I was trying to say.
<PJH>
What you seem to have with mKR is an ad-hoc semi-formal notation
(I say semi- because you have never given us a grammar for it)

#### As I have said, the grammar is available on my web site.
#### I will give you a more polished version in the near future.
#### I am currently removing old, obsolete features of mKR.

<PJH>
And you havn't shown us any mKR ontologies,
or any actual axioms which might pin down the
meanings you claim to be capturing.

#### Again, there are example ontologies and axioms
#### on my web site.  I will give you an example.
#### Do you want a kilobyte or terabyte example?

Pat

Dick McCullough
http://mkrmke.org