Re: [ontolog-forum] Digital Ontology and digital ontology

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: paola.dimaio@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 09:17:27 +0100
Thanks John    (01)

> By the way, I have not studied Wolfram's work in full detail,  and I don't
>want to defend or explain everything he's doing.  But I do want to point out
>that he wasn't making the mistake  of claiming that the real world is as
>simple as a digital  automaton.    (02)

Of course not.Thanks for pointing that out. But some passages in the
lecture seem create the impression that physical world results from a
certain kind of computation, while obviously that's a cognitive
representation. So many things he discusses are related to various
arguments on this and other fora.  I hope he will give other lectures,
and will try to read more from him    (03)