Re: [ontolog-forum] web-syllogism-and-worldview

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Conklin, Don" <don.conklin@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 05:53:05 -0600
Well this thread is veering in directions I wouldn't have expected but
has wandered into an area I can contribute to. As the father of
triplets, multiple birth siblings often develop their own language
before acquiring any proficiency in their parents' native tongue. Thus,
they "babble" at each other but it's clear from their actions that there
is some degree of communication achieved. This babbling decreases as
their parents language is learned, starting around 15 months, varying
with birth weight. I would not venture to guess what primitives babbling
contains. Of note, when just gaining some proficiency in their parents'
language, they understand each other much better than we parents do,
thus allowing the most proficient toddler to translate for her siblings.    (01)

Don Conklin
Lockheed Martin, ISGS-Defense
Virginia Beach, VA
1+757-675-5947    (02)