Re: [ontolog-forum] the meaning of myView

To: "Pat Hayes" <phayes@xxxxxxx>
Cc: Ontolog Forum <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, KR-language <KR-language@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Richard H. McCullough" <rhm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 14:44:25 -0700
1. Yes, myView is a list in the programming-language sense.

2. The list shown below contains mostly genus-differentia definitions
which specify the species-genus relations which are shown in
    begin hierarchy tabula rasa; ...; end hierarchy tabula rasa;
as well as the intensive properties of the concepts.

It also contains propositions which specify important relations
between the concepts.  For example
    proposition := man do identify od existent with purpose done;
may be translated into English as
    A proposition is the result of a man identifying existents
    for some purpose.
More specifically, to identify means to measure the characteristics
of the existents.

.
Dick McCullough
http://mkemke.org