Re: [ontolog-forum] language determines the categories of thought?

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Jack Ring" <jring@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 12:20:22 -0700

See also, Language and Human Behavior, by Derek Bickerton, U. of Hawaii, U. of Washington Press, 1995. His view conflicts with the Chomsky Pinker axis.

Perhaps the fetus demonstrates reasoning in the second trimester, then learns a language we call music.

Unique to animals having a frontal lobe one part of the brain stacks signs, aka' words, aka' operands while the other stacks transforms, aka' functors, aka' operators.

After birth we bother them with English (vocab and grammar), Algebra, Cobol, String Theory and other languages. They can do this because each stack is extensible (thanks to the 'learn' functor) apparently endlessly.

Onward,
Jack Ring