Re: [ontolog-forum] EU FP Ontology projects

To: "Duane Nickull" <dnickull@xxxxxxxxx>, "Azamat" <abdoul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: SW-forum <semantic-web@xxxxxx>, "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, KR-language <KR-language@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Richard H. McCullough" <rhm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 17:26:46 -0800
Duane

I agree that there are many different contexts
which may apply to the same reality.

There may be N different contexts corresponding to
the ways that N different people view the same reality.

Further, one person may have M different contexts
which correspond to M different purposes.

My definition of a proposition is context + sentence.
A person creates a proposition by choosing a context,
then a sentence.

This may cause a communication problem
if a second person does not know, or chooses to ignore,
the context of the person who created the proposition.

It's not "isu" and "iss" that are changing,
It's the context/hierarchy that is changing.
There are N times M contexts/hierarchies
for the single reality that you are thinking about.

Dick McCullough
Ayn Rand do speak od mKR done;
mKE do enhance od Real Intelligence done;
knowledge haspart proposition list;
http://mKRmKE.org/