Re: [ontolog-forum] standard ontology

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Matthew West <dr.matthew.west@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 01:09:35 -0000

Dear Pat,

 [MW] I can only talk about ISO 15926 here. I have found that if you talk about sets, there is a very strong presumption that you are talking about ZF sets

Well, aren't you? What other kinds of set are there?

[MW] Well you were the one mentioning that it was rather natural for class to be a member of class, and that certainly isn’t ZF. So you need some kind of non-well-founded set theory, which is no problem really if you go with extensionalism, you can have them if you can construct them.

Regards

Matthew West

Information  Junction

Tel: +44 560 302 3685

Mobile: +44 750 3385279

matthew.west@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.matthew-west.org.uk/

This email originates from Information Junction Ltd. Registered in England and Wales No. 6632177.

Registered office: 2 Brookside, Meadow Way, Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire, SG6 3JE.