Re: [ontolog-forum] Thing and Class

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: leo@xxxxxx
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 00:17:54 +0600 (YEKST)
Azamat,
You wrote :
> I browsed the article on Meronomy and Taxonomy. It is not what i expected.
Yes it is only the first paper around the topic !
I can't find the next ones in the Internet .
For example "Duality Princple in the Classification Theory" (Panova and
Schreider) . I have a paper magazine (NTI 2-Series).
There is a reference to it in this paper (in Russian).-
- http://www.kudrinbi.ru/public/451/index.htm .
I list some states about the CT (Classification Theory) from that paper in
my paper - http://www.ototsky.mgn.ru/it/21abreast.htm (see 3. Mid-range
objectives part).
(BTW my browser can't read some of your text (see below).).
In my listing there are some more important features of the Classification
Theory which suppose must be taken into account. For example :
- " - "Good sets" ,their members and standard set theory relations are
described by the "Taxonomy", but the dual part "Meronomy" doesn't fix the
sets of objects in principle . Only the "subject areas" with  "open"
object types and  explicitly defined properties for them. A "good"
classification system must have the both parts but in practice very often
only the taxonomy is used EXPLICITLY . And the Meronomy is “hiden" in
human minds."
- "   - The CT  differs from a "subject area"  or "classification field" .
The first one is "not a closed" class  . The last is a "good set" when the
proper "primary" identifications from real objects to  "minimal" taxons
are already defined. The minimal taxons "substitute" real  objects in any
model. It is important to distinguish  "taxonomical"  properties from
deeper "diagnostic" properties . A value of a  taxonomical property may
have a complex connection with them. "    (01)

Leonid - http://ototsky.mgn.ru/it    (02)