Re: [ontolog-forum] Wittgenstein and the pictures

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Sharma, Ravi" <Ravi.Sharma@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 09:37:35 -0600

Len and Frank

John Sowa and other people have talked at some detail about NLP in several messages in our Ontolog Wiki but probably not directly under NLP thread. Perhaps looking at keywords in other threads might help.

Len – you have put the right perspective – thanks.

I have been thinking about whether it is right for me to block a notion or a keyword expressed as the reason for this wonderful planet and the ocean of humanity that we live in, perhaps it is very hard on me to avoid reference to “Nature”, “God”, “Creator” or whatever others believe in or not believe in; and I hope I have not conveyed any implied restriction to Frank in that sense.

The issue arises for me when I think about “consciousness” of the being:

        a central theme for ontologies that deal with “Things” (material objects, processes and like) and “Relationships” among them especially using cognitive faculties and semantic technologies. Also related to Ontology are Epistemology and Axiology especially the formal mathematics of logic (which John and others might want to further comment on as I am no expert), and

        how is this consciousness expressible i.e. totally devoid of historic “Ethnic” or “Atheistic” concepts?

I would like to learn about opinion of colleagues and have no intention of starting a debate, just how the central player, the “Being” as “Cognizer” in Ontologies, is to be understood by us collectively as a community in addition to “I am” or above keywords?

Thanks

Ravi

(Dr. Ravi Sharma) Senior Enterprise Architect

Vangent, Inc. Technology Excellence Center (TEC)

8618 Westwood Center Drive, Suite 310, Vienna VA 22182
(o) 703-827-0638, (c) 313-204-1740 www.vangent.com

Professional viewpoints do not necessarily imply organizational endorsement.