Re: [ontolog-forum] [Fwd: The Open Group SOA Ontology]

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Ed Barkmeyer <edbark@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 12:57:34 -0400
Ed Barkmeyer should have sent this version:    (01)

>  From Chris Harding of The Open Group:
>
> For some time now, The Open Group has been developing a formal
> ontology for SOA. ...  We have now
> reached the stage where we believe that it is almost complete, and
> are exposing it to outside bodies for review and comment prior to
> its final review within The Open Group.
>
> The draft is publicly available at
> http://www.opengroup.org/projects/soa-ontology/doc.tpl?gdid=16940
> We would very much appreciate input from [organization], and will
> address comments received at this stage before creating the draft
> for final Open Group review. [Members are invited] to review the draft
> and send comments to c.harding@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [Chris].

> Dr. Christopher J. Harding
> Forum Director for SOA and Semantic Interoperability
> THE OPEN GROUP
> Thames Tower, 37-45 Station Road, Reading RG1 1LX, UK
> Mailto:c.harding@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Phone (mobile): +44 774 063 1520
> http://www.opengroup.org

The pitch made to OMG was just a version of the general solicitation for
comment.  The Open Group welcomes comment by anyone expert in ontologies
or SOA, and particularly those with an interest in both.    (03)

And for those of you who collect OWL ontologies, this may be an
interesting addition to your collection.    (04)

-Ed    (05)

Gaithersburg, MD 20899-8263                FAX: +1 301-975-4694    (06)