Re: [ontolog-forum] Fwd: Ontolog invited speaker session - Dr. Mark Grea

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 20:13:01 -0700
Thanks, John.    (01)

> [JFS]  The Semantic MediaWiki is very important work, and
> since it is available as open source, we should use it.    (02)

[ppy]  indeed!  And, as I mentioned during the discussion, we will be
migrating the OntologWiki platform over to an instance of "Purple
Semantic MediaWiki" in fairly short order. ... so, stay tuned,
everyone!    (03)

> [JFS]  But one important point that Mark mentioned is that the
> reasoning capabilities of current Semantic Web technology
> is very weak. RDF(S), OWL, SPARQL, and RuleML are useful,
> but weak subsets of Common Logic.
>
> It's important for us to develop Common Logic as the growth path
> for ontologies and to incorporate CL in the Semantic MediaWiki.
> ... [and] should position CL as the foundation for Semantic Web 3.0    (04)

[ppy]   I agree with you. Let's try to round up efforts from this (and
the wider ontology) community toward that end, either via ongoing
efforts, like the Open Ontology Repository (OOR) initiative, and other
new project(s) community members will come up with, that may help
focus resources and energy to bring it about.
... Input, ideas and contribution of resources, expertise and efforts
are welcome from everyone in the community!    (05)

Thanks & regards.  =ppy