[ontolog-forum] Fwd: Ontolog invited speaker session - Dr. Mark Greaves

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 11:09:08 -0700
We had, on Thursday 19-Jun-2008, an  inspiring session with invited
speaker, Dr. Mark Greaves (Director, Knowledge Systems from Vulcan,
Inc.) who shared with us the status and some of the consideration
behind their fascinating Halo Project,  in his talk entitled:
"Knowledge Representation in Practice: Project Halo and the Semantic
Web."    (01)

A big "Thank You" to Dr. Greaves for this wonderful session, and for
sharing your insights with the community. As always, our appreciations
also go out to all who were able to join us at the event; especially
for their contributions to the rich discussion during the last segment
of the session.    (02)

Full proceedings of the session are captured on our wiki page, at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2008_06_19    (03)

In particular, audio recording of the session, as well as the podcast
of it, is now available -
see: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2008_06_19#nid1JAB    (04)

This contribution from Dr. Mark Greaves and the Project Halo
researchers, is adding another instance in the state-of-the-art in
ontology and semantic technology R & D to the Ontolog body of
knowledge which we are collectively building. Therefore, thank you
again, Mark!    (05)

Best regards. =ppy    (06)

Peter Yim
Co-convener, ONTOLOG    (07)

P.S. we will be featuring this coming Thursday, 19-Jun-2008, our
follow-on discussion session in "Rules." Dr. Leo Obrst (chair) will be
joined by the rest of the panel comprising Dr. Jos de Bruijn (from
Bolzano, Italy and W3C), Mr. Martin O'Connor (Stanford) and Mr. Mike
Dean (BBN, W3C) to brief us and to discuss on: "Rules in Semantic Web
Applications." .
... see: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2008_06_26
RSVP now, if you haven't already (by emailing <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx> off-line.)    (08)

Watch our [ontolog-invitation] list for further announcements of
Ontolog events that may be of interest, or browse the listing under
the "News & Announcements" section at our Ontolog WikiHomePage (at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nidW ) for our
upcoming events.    (09)

An archive of noteworthy past Ontolog events can be found at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nidZ
--    (010)