Re: [ontolog-forum] Heterarchy & Hierarchy, oh my my

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Benedicto Rodriguez" <beroca@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 23:58:25 +0100
Hello all,    (01)

Very interesting and informative discussion. I was particularly
attracted to the arguments regarding the pros and cons of using single
versus multiple inheritance in ontology models.    (02)

In those arguments, OBO and BFO were mentioned as examples of
recognized ontology frameworks that favours the use of single versus
multiple inheritance for various reasons.    (03)

In that sense, besides FCA (as a methodology that supports multiple
inheritance) and BOM (as a type of problem where multiple inheritance
fits particularly well), could you provide some examples of similarly
established ontology frameworks that *favours* the use of multiple
inheritance?    (04)

Thanks in advance for any comments you may have,    (05)

Bene Rodriguez-Castro    (06)

Postgraduate Student | Intelligence, Agents and Multimedia Group |
School of Electronics and Computer Science | University of Southampton
| Southampton SO17 1BJ | United Kingdom | Phone: +44 23 8059 5052 |
Email: b.rodriguez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx    (07)