Re: [ontolog-forum] Search engine for the ontology

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "John F. Sowa" <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2008 04:05:09 -0500
Avril,    (01)

 > Also transfinitism can be seen as a roadblock to constructivism,
 > but I cannot see finitism as any sort of a roadblock.    (02)

Finitism is a roadblock to transfinitism.  I don't believe that
anybody should try to block other people's choices.    (03)

I have no objection to anybody's choice of ontology, methodology,
philosophy, or religion.  I also have no objection to anyone who
claims that choice A is superior to choice B for purpose C.    (04)

But I do object to people who say that their choice is so much
better than the others that it should be given some privileged
status that would prevent other people from making up their
own minds.    (05)

John    (06)

PS:  This is why I strongly dislike the idea of political correctness
because it means that somebody is trying to force their politics on me.    (07)

The only principle I would recommend is "Do unto others as you would
have them do unto you."  People who follow this principle would not
offend anyone, except in an excusable way by inadvertently violating
some local custom that they hadn't been aware of.    (08)