Re: [ontolog-forum] language ambiguity (was: Axiomatic ontology)

To: <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: <matthew.west@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 16:54:25 -0000
Dear Paola,    (01)

Proper names tend to start with capital letters, you can also infer
something from the grammatical structure. So there is a decent amount
of NLP here.    (02)

But be careful, this is all a lot short of extracting ALL of the
information in a text, just certain types that it knows the patterns
for. I expect the Reuters stuff just has quite a lot of patterns.
Anything that doesn't fit a pattern gets ignored.    (03)

Regards    (04)

Matthew West
Reference Data Architecture and Standards Manager
Shell International Petroleum Company Limited
Registered in England and Wales
Registered number: 621148
Registered office: Shell Centre, London SE1 7NA, United Kingdom    (05)

Tel: +44 20 7934 4490 Mobile: +44 7796 336538
Email: matthew.west@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.shell.com
http://www.matthew-west.org.uk/    (06)