Re: [ontolog-forum] list of knowledge domains

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "chaim Zins" <chaim.zins@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 09:01:39 +0200
Dear Paola,

Thanks.

For text list please see:

For a short explanation please see:
and follow the links

The map is based on a theoretical study and on exploratory studies.
The map has several theoretical contributions, among them:

(1) The order of the 10 pillars is based on the Knowledge - Supernatural - Universe - Humans model.

(2) The distinction between categories of the map and fields of knowledge.

(3) The structuring follows the the Theory - Embodiment model. It is implemented in the map level, the pillar level, and the field level.

(4) Many definitions and titles of categories and fields are unique; for example: in Pillar 3 there are 3 categories: Theory (Philosophy of Physics), Principles (Physics), and Substances (Chemistry). Throughout the map one can find many examples.

The map has several applications, among them:

(1) Presenting the structure of contemporary human knowledge (Map)

(2) Facilitating access to top quality resources (Portal);

(3) Facilitating access to Encyclopedic article (Encyclopedia). Currently, I refer users to wikipedia since it is free. However, I invite other publishers to utilize the map.

(4) Facilitating access to bibliographic resources.
I invite developers of websites (libraries, museums, univeristies, etc), digital libraries, and cultural heritage projects to implement the schemes.

Finally, to answer your question:
The map is mine. It is based on 10 year research.
Note that this an ongoing R&D project

All the Best,

Chaim Zins
Knowledge Maping Research