Re: [ontolog-forum] URGENT - 3 minutes help needed to help people unders

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Duane Nickull <dnickull@xxxxxxxxx>
From: Francis McCabe <frankmccabe@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 09:07:36 -0800
Duane
  I am not sure what the fuss was about.
  Are you referring to the technology stack diagrams? They do not look
like UML to me (but then my knowledge of UML is limited).
  You have a couple of UML-like diagrams at the beginning....    (01)

  As a matter of fact (as Deb should know) quite a few people are
using UML to 'do' KR. Including Elisa Kendall at SandPiper and Steven
Cranefield in NZ.    (02)

  But, the real issue is really how Ontology might impact Web 2.0. I
can speak from first hand experience that it does! We (I) have built
an ontology representing our domain knowledge in the area of home
improvement. We are using it on a live basis to match customers with
service providers. That is about as Web 2.0 as it gets (including all
the acronym soup ...)    (03)

  Frank    (04)

On Nov 8, 2007, at 2:37 PM, Duane Nickull wrote:    (05)