[ontolog-forum] Ontology of Music [was - Fwd: Common Logic ...]

To: "Duane Nickull" <dnickull@xxxxxxxxx>, "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Kenneth Fields" <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2007 08:24:17 -0700
(moving this conversation to a new, and more appropriately captioned
thread.  =ppy)    (01)

> [DN] Would love to hear ideas but also the ontology of music
> is something quite near to me...Duane,    (02)

[ppy]  You might be interested to check out the work by Ken Fields and
his colleagues at the DAO (Digital Art Ontology) community. Ken has
been a long time member of Ontolog, and the founder of the DAO
community.    (03)

The abstract to a recent work of his: "Electronic Music Terminology:
Translation, Ontology, Knowledge Base" can be found at:
http://dao.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Terminology    (04)

Among other abstracts they had posted for their MusicAcoustic2006
conference (see:
http://dao.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ProposalAbstracts2006), I even
spotted one on "Digital Silience" ... for those of you who were
passionately discussing John Cage's work earlier. :-)    (05)

Regards.  =ppy