[ontolog-forum] Please Stay Relevant & E-mail Filtering [was - Re: Corre

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 07:36:39 -0700
Alert! ... we have been getting increasing numbers of people
unsubscribing from the list again, lately.    (01)

I concur with Pat, and would urge that people consciously assess if
their long/serious posts/threads are relevant to Ontolog. Let's use
our Community Charter (see:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nidB)    (02)

While almost all posts here are interesting (at least to some), not
all of them are relevant. Some (while interesting and educational)
might even be counter-productive towards our goal of moving
ontological engineering and semantic technologies into mainstream
applications. Let's stay relevant to our cause before we (as a
community) get labeled as being irrelevant, please!    (03)

Thanks & regards.  =ppy    (04)

Peter Yim
Co-convener, Ontolog    (05)

P.S. Since you've gone this far, Chris, will you be kind enough to
make an entry to our DealingWithMailingListTraffic page for Eudora
(and/or other mail clients you usually work with) please - it's at:
Thanks in advance.  =ppy