Re: [ontolog-forum] Model or Reality

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Jerry Hobbs <hobbs@xxxxxxx>
From: Ingvar Johansson <ingvar.johansson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 14:50:09 +0200
Pat Hayes schrieb:
>> Causality slips in in the guise of force, which is central.
>>

> Nah, not classical causality. The cause is always before the effect,
> right?     (01)

No, it is not. There are several philosophers who argue - starting the
way you do below - that cause and effect have to be simultaneous (but
that it is still a matter of causality). I happen to be one among them;
see my "Ontological Investigations" (Routledge 1989, ontos verlag 2004),
chapter 12 ("Efficient Causality").    (02)

Best wishes,
Ingvar Johansson    (03)

--
Ingvar Johansson