Re: [ontolog-forum] Current Semantic Web Layer Cake

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Duane Nickull <dnickull@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 16:37:20 -0700
Randall:    (01)

Very cool.  Would you consider showcasing this during our next Ontology
Applications & Implementations session?  We have done two and if there is
interest, I would like to ask Peter for another.    (02)

I would also like to invite you to add your product under this page:    (03)

http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologyDrivenApplications    (04)

Please be sure to note the IPR terms and rules.    (05)

Questions:    (06)

Why did you use CLIF and not KIF?    (07)

What sort of GUI are you considering building?    (08)

Duane    (09)

On 8/6/07 4:23 PM, "Randall R Schulz" <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:    (010)

> On Monday 06 August 2007 15:37, Mills Davis wrote:
>> Wow.
>> So, when will we seeing tooling for (a) CL and (b) the IKL extensions
>> to it?
>
> Define "tooling."
>
> My firm (H&S Information Systems) has a first-order theorem prover and
> DLP (disjunctive logic programming) solver that has recently been given
> a CLIF (Common Logic Interchange Format) interface (formerly we used a
> KIF subset). CLIF support is still young, but we're now working on a
> Web-based interactive user interface that allows users to submit, store
> and manipulate CLIF content that defines theories and problems and to
> submit conjectures to prove or queries to solve (as classic first-order
> disjunctive logic programs).
>
> Does that count as tooling?
>

> Randall Schulz

>      (011)