Re: [ontolog-forum] Logic As Formal Semiotic

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Jenny ure <jure2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 16:09:21 +0100
Dear David and Deborah - very interested in both these
Own research experience that most of theproblems in designing ontologies (or other software for collaborative use) were
socio-technical/sociopolitical and often fairly generic problem: solution scenarios aligning technical and distributed human infrastructures

They don't seem to be defined, disseminated or part of professional development - despite being the source of a great deal of grief
Brings it back to the earlier discussionof the pragmatic web pershaps.Suspect the perceived value of Web 2.0  may mean in future there will be a greater interest in alignment to leverage the technical and the human resource to better advantage.

Jenny Ure

David C Martin wrote:

As am I, although my focus is on the economic models that enable a community to generate a positive feedback loop to keep the ontology moving forward.
David C Martin
Chief Software Architect - IBM Healthcare & Life Sciences
Software Group Application Integration & Middleware
Almaden Research Center, San Jose, CA 95120 USA
dcmartin@xxxxxxxxxx | +1 (408) 623-6647 (Mobile) | +1 (408) 927-3640 (Office)