Re: [ontolog-forum] Apelon makes their Distributed Terminology System op

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Lesh, Kathryn A." <klesh@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 10:59:47 -0400
I was also looking for some documentation and came up empty.      (01)

>From the screen shots, this looks more like what Apelon previously
called MyCroft. MyCroft was a terminology browser.  I can't really tell
from the screen shots if it has additional capability.  The DTS editor
I have used is a terminology builder and mapper with very few rules
built in and no way for the average editor to put in rules.   I used it
to build a public health taxonomy (ISA), add synonyms and natural
language definitions and create 'associations' to standard
terminologies such as SNOMED CT, MeSH, ICD-9-CM and LOINC.  It had the
capability to create new association types.  Apelon was reluctant to
call them relations or relationships.  We could also add new property
types.  The ability to add new association and property types was
limited by user role.      (02)

Compared to Apelon's TDE (Terminology Development Environment) which is
DL-based, the DTS was very 'loose'.  Since there were no rules, we
developed some SQL queries for QA.    (03)

Kathy    (04)