Re: [ontolog-forum] {Disarmed} Re: OWL and lack of identifiers

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Ken Laskey <klaskey@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 14:23:44 -0400
Communications is basically painting a picture.  I have an idea and I want you to comprehend my idea.  I look for things we have in common and I build my picture using the commonality as building blocks.  Sometimes, I have to build intermediate blocks in order to make my picture richer.  You suggest other blocks and we iterate until we believe we have a common picture.  The picture is never complete but we stop when the picture is adequate for our joint purpose (or the purpose of the one of us who wants to get the most across -- you may stop looking while I'm still painting).  The infinite cycle ends when we are satisfied and choose to end it.

As an example, this thread continues because we are still painting the picture and a sufficient number of us want to make it more complete.

Ken