Re: [ontolog-forum] Ontology and methodology

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "John A. Bateman" <bateman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 16:33:06 +0100
> I thought that all those issues had been settled decades ago:    (01)

yeah, but that's never stopped lengthy debate on this
ontology list or any other! :-)    (02)

> We don't have two individuals here.  There is only one.
> If I'm assigned a task as an employee, it's my task, not
> the task of some virtual employee.    (03)

Evidently not as settled after all: this is the
qua-individual debate, which is alive and well last
I heard.    (04)

The usual counter-discussions to the above point are
the legal ones I think: who is responsible and who
can get sued for what? Or the passengers-on-Airline-X
examples: how do you count them? And what have
you counted once you have counted them? Seems like
there are lots of virtual artefacts waiting to
take their place in the discussion...    (05)

John B.    (06)