Re: [ontolog-forum] tasteful tags...

To: paola.dimaio@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "John A. Bateman" <bateman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 13:55:54 +0100
PDM:
> Etymology studies the true meaning of words, and their real value, as
> well as tracking their evolution through history and sociology
> (. The word etymology is derived from the Greek "etumos" which means
> real or true)    (01)

in my previous email, I was assuming that you were using
'sacred' in a not necessarily serious sense, but here I
see that you are perhaps serious about this after all.    (02)

I thought etymology of this kind finally
bit the dust in the 18th
century so had difficulty interpreting what you wrote.    (03)

If this really is something
that is 'sacred' or 'important' to you, I'll not
send any more mails on the matter and just hope that
the underlying position does not get in the way
of some useful ontology work. But I hope that this
will be put in the background like many other
personal beliefs that people might hold on this list but
rightfully choose not to thematise.    (04)

John B.    (05)