[ontolog-forum] Proceedings: Ontolog "Database and Ontology" mini-series

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 14:16:44 -0800
On Thursday 8-Mar-2007, we had a very interesting session for the
5th episode of the Ontolog mini-series on "Database and
Ontology." Dr. Matthew West (Shell International Petroleum
Company) presided over the session with invited speaker, Dr.
Adrian Walker (CTO of Reengineering, LLC.) presented his talk on
"Usability, Databases and Ontologies."    (01)

Our appreciations go out to Dr. Walker for sharing his wonderful
work with us, to Dr. Matthew West for championing this
mini-series, and, as always, to all the participants for joining
us and for contributing to the extensive discussion we had during
the session.    (02)

Proceedings of the session are captured on our wiki page, at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2007_03_08    (03)

In particular, full audio recording of the session is now
available - see:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2007_03_08#nidUOY     (04)

... Dr. Adrian Walker's presentation and the ensuing discussion
contribute to yet another piece in the body of knowledge on
ontology and ontological engineering that our community is
building together. Thanks again!    (05)

Best regards. =ppy    (06)

P.S. Upcoming events:    (07)

* Thursday, 29-March-2007 - Dr. Steven Ray (NIST) will be
presenting the 5th Event in the Joint NIST-Ontolog-NCOR "Ontology
Evaluation & Measurement" Mini-Series - this will be a panel
session on the subject of "Probabilistic Reasoning and Ontology
Evaluation" ... Please refer to details at the session wiki page,
closer to the time, at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2007_03_29
Mark you calendar now and register your attendance when the
formal announcement comes out.    (08)

* Watch our [ontolog-invitation] lists or the listing under the
"News & Announcements" section at our Ontolog WikiHomePage (at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nidW ) for
other upcoming events.    (09)

* An archive of noteworthy past Ontolog events can be found at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nidZ    (010)

Tx. =ppy
--     (011)

http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontolog-invitation/