Re: [ontolog-forum] Planning another NIST-Ontolog joint event for April

To: ray@xxxxxxxx, "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Upper Ontology Summit convention" <uos-convene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 09:43:44 -0800
Thank you, Steve. I like your proposition ... Good start to get a dialog going too!

Before we delve any deeper into the discussion, may I suggest that we:

1. focus on just collecting names  of people who are interested to help 'convene' this event, since, like last year, we'll be starting a separate mailing list for this (probably fairly high traffic) discussion.

2. Let's save the dialog, brainstorming and debate till the new list is up. But for now, if one is compelled to talk about the selection of a "Theme" for the event, please do so, by all means ... as this could influence people's decision on whether or not they would want to participate.

3. To save the extra administrivia, I would also suggest we automatically include people who were already on the [uos-conevne] list from the last event into the new list of conevners, unless he/she opts out (in which case, please e-mail me off-line to indicate so). ... Again, if you are interested to be one of the key-participants and/or co-sponsors, please drop us (Steve, Leo and I) a note off-line indicating your interest so that we can include you to the new mailing-list.

Thanks & regards.  =ppy