Re: [ontolog-forum] Planning another NIST-Ontolog joint event for April

To: ray@xxxxxxxx, "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Mike Brenner <mikeb@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2006 11:52:21 -0500
Hi Steve,    (01)

I think we know HOW to map and link ontologies.    (02)

I think we don't know WHEN to map and link things,
for the same reason we don't know the meaning of
a simple phrase, clause, sentence, paragraph,
or story.    (03)

We cannot remove the human-in-the-loop until we
can measure the similarity between two phrases
in a given context.    (04)

I don't think creators of ontologies will make
any decisive advances in this direction in the
next few years. Progress must come from elsewhere.    (05)

Mike Brenner    (06)