Re: [ontolog-forum] Ontolog call 2006.09.21

To: matthew.west@xxxxxxxxx, tmalyuta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: ewallace@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 12:51:15 -0400 (EDT)

Let me go on record as disagreeing with Matthew West on the definition of
Ontology that he implied in his diagram wrt the Ontology and Databases topic.
At least I disagree with narrowing it to philosophy:Ontology, precluding
KR:ontology (where KR:ontology is what the Gruber definition and many of its
descendants, including Obrst, describe).  Of course, I may be using a more
narrow interpretation of "what exists" than Matthew.    (01)

-Evan    (02)