Re: [ontolog-forum] Ontolog call 2006.09.21

To: "matthew.west@xxxxxxxxx" <matthew.west@xxxxxxxxx>, tmalyuta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 07:32:50 -0700
Matthew & Tatiana et. al,    (01)

This is a good conversation (referencing Tatiana's remarks on
Matthew's The Ontology and Databases Landscape diagram - see:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?DatabaseAndOntology#nidQ27).    (02)

I am copying this to the [ontolog-forum] (and am requesting this, and
similar issues of community interest, over the list) so that more
people can chip in and even more may benefit from the discourse.    (03)

As far as "what is 'ontology'?" goes, I just wanted to highlight, for
those who have joined more recently, that, as a community, we have
adopted the definitions as brought up by Leo Obrst (on several
occasions, but notably on his two part presentation back in Jan. 2006
- ref: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2006_01_12#nidOHT)
... I guess we'll be discussing more on this specific issue when Steve
Ray et. al starts moving into the "Ontology Measurement and
Evaluation" series, right?    (04)

Thank you for the illuminating discussion. ... please continue.    (05)

Regards.  =ppy