Re: [ontolog-forum] Proceedings from "Ontologizing the Ontolog Content"

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 00:17:51 -0700
We had a very fruitful session today with Dr. Bedford (World
Bank) moderating our panel discussion on "Ontologizing the
Ontolog Body of Knowledge - Discussion Session 1 - Framing the
Issues, Requirements and Approach"    (01)

Our appreciation goes out to Dr. Denise Bedford and our panelists
- Ms. Lisa Colvin (Genentech), Mr. Patrick Heinig (EPA), Dr. E.
Michael Maximilien (IBM), Dr. Bob Smith (California State U /
Tall Tree Labs) and Mr. Peter Yim (Ontolog/CIM3) - who helped
explored the issues and  requirements, and on the approach we
could take toward 'ontologizing' the Ontolog body of knowledge.
And, as always, thanks to all the participants who joint us and
contributed their valuable insights.    (02)

The session concluded with the kick-off of the Ontolog
Taxo-Thesaurus project, which Dr. Bob Smith proposed. Denise
Bedford and Lisa Colvin will be joining Bob to get this project
going. This is a meaningful first step on getting the
"Ontologizing the Ontolog Content" effort going. More volunteers
are called for. Those who are interested in participating in the
effort should make a post in response to this solicitation.    (03)

Proceedings of today's session are captured at our wiki page, at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2006_04_20    (04)

In particular, full audio recording of the session (along with
the panelists' slides) is now available too - see:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2006_04_20#nidMKR    (05)

Best regards.  =ppy    (06)

P.S. Please note that we have two intriguing invited speaker
session coming up:    (07)

Thursday, April 27, 2006 - Mr. Jack Park (SRI) and Mr. Patrick
Durusau (INCITS/V1) will be presenting to the community on their
talk entitled: "Avoiding Hobson's Choice In Choosing An Ontology"    (08)

Thursday, May 4, 2006 - Mr. Adam Cheyer from SRI International
will be presenting to the community on his talk entitled:
"Ontology Management in CALO, a Cognitive Assistant that Learns
and Organizes"    (09)

Please mark your calendars now and watch out for the
announcements (which will be out real soon) on these session.
=ppy
--     (010)

Peter P. Yim wrote Tue, 18 Apr 2006 21:19:59 -0700: (updated)