Re: [ontolog-forum] Ontolog Discussion - Moderator: Dr. Denise Bedford

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 21:19:59 -0700
*REMINDER*    (01)

Our second event in the "Ontologizing the Ontolog Body of
Knowledge" series is coming up this Thursday (4/20/06). We will
be engaging the community to discuss the "what's" and "how's" to
the development of a semantically interoperable application,
using the improved access to the content of Ontolog as a case in
point.    (02)

Dr. Denise Bedford (World Bank) will be back, after her most
wonderful talk last week, outlining a strategy we can pursue, to
moderate the discussion. Several panelists have been invited,
from within the community, to help start the discussion with
their opening briefs focusing on different issues and perspective
they are pertinent to the effort at hand. After the briefs, we
will, hopefully, spend a whole hour in open discussion among all
participants to explore this topic in depth.    (03)

* Topic: "Ontologizing the Ontolog Body of Knowledge - Discussion
Session 1 - Framing the Issues, Requirements and Approach"    (04)

* Moderated by: Dr. Denise Bedford (The World Bank Group) .    (05)

* Panelists - (title of brief):    (06)

** Mr. Peter Yim (CIM3) - The Ontolog Collaborative Work
Environment - Our Community Knowledge Repository    (07)

** Ms. Lisa Colvin (Genentech) - Understanding the User Roles and
Their Context    (08)

** Dr. Bob Smith (CalStateU / Tall Tree Lab) - A Roadmap for
Ontolog's Thesaurus: Sketch 1    (09)

** Mr. Patrick Heinig (EPA) - Driving the Effort Forward Through
Its Value Proposition    (010)

** Dr. Nicolas Rouquette (NASA / JPL) - A Functional Architecture    (011)

** Dr. E. Michael Maximilien (IBM) - Multifaceted approach to
ontologizing the ONTOLOG content rooted in pragmatism, tools,
services, and standards, and social collaboration    (012)

*Conference call-in details*:    (013)