Re: [ontolog-forum] Proceedings of the Thu 2005-09-29Conference Call

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 16:33:54 -0700
We had a very productive conference call today. In particular, we
devoted quite a bit of time in the planning of the upcoming
(2005.10.20) Technical Discussion on ""Semantic Web Service
Ontology Standard"". See proceedings at:    (01)

http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2005_09_29#nidG7Z    (02)

&    (03)

http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2005_10_20/Prep#nidGFU    (04)

Also of interest are:    (05)

1. Mark your calendars now and start responding to the organizers
of the respective events. October 2005 will be a busy month for
us and the Ontology Community as a whole:    (06)

(a) Wed 2005.10.05 - SICoP / ONTACWG (Ontology and Taxonomy
Coordinating Work Group) Kick-off meeting at Mitre, McLean, VA -
see:
http://colab.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologyandTaxonomyCoordinatingWGMeeting_2005_10_05    (07)

(b) Thu 2005.10.13 - Professor Barry Smith speaking at Ontolog -
see:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2005_10_13    (08)

(c) Thu 2005.10.20 - Ontolog Technical Discussion on "Semantic
Web Service Ontology Standard", Dr. Nicolas Rouquette moderator -
see:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2005_10_20/Prep
(for now)    (09)

(d) Thu 2005.10.27 - National Center for Ontological Research
(NCOR) Inaugural Event at Buffalo, NY - see: http://ncor.us    (010)

2. We will be devoting some time at next week's call to decide on
the speakers to invite and topics for discussion for the few
months after October. Please review some of the candidates we
have already identify, make postings to indicate your preferences
and further suggestions, and try to join us at the call next week
(Thu 2005.10.06 10:30am PDT / 1:30pm EDT / 6:30pm UTC).    (011)

3. A special note of thanks should go to Elisa Kendall and Jon
Bosak for the great presentations they gave to our community,
respectively on 2005.09.08 & 2005.09.23.    (012)

4. Peter Yim and Mark Musen received a special recognition from
SICoP Chairman Brand Niemann during the 2005.09.14 SICoP meeting
at MITRE (McLean, VA). Ontolog Forum was cited as part of the
critical infrastructure that is contributing to Collaborative
Ontology Development supporting the semantic interoperability
community, other government communities, as well as the worldwide
community at large. See:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2005_09_29#nidGAF     (013)

Congratulations to Peter, Mark and each and everyone who has
contributed to the work at Ontolog.    (014)

Best regards.  =ppy