[ontolog-forum] Re: Preparation for the 2005.10.27 Technical Discussion

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 19:08:17 -0700
Thank you very much for the suggestions, Duane.    (01)

1. Not sure whether you meant to suggest these people for the
10/27 session or for invited monthly speakers. However, we have
not had anyone from Microsoft participating in Ontolog activities
so far. Thank you for your recommendation. We look forward to
having them with us.    (02)

2. Ref. discussion at our last (2005.08.04) call, program design
and decision (that would include invitations) for discussion
sessions shall be in the session organizer/moderator (who is
"appointed" by the community). Therefore, in the case of the
10/27 session, Nicolas is your man.    (03)

3. As a precedence, Bob Smith has been working closely with Rex
Brooks (the appointed moderator) to put together the 8/25
session; and that is working out real well. Therefore, you (or
anyone else) might consider offering to collaborate with Nicolas
to put the 10/27 program together. I'm sure having a "program
committee" (of more than one) in a collaborative setting like
ours would always make sense.    (04)

4. As for monthly invited speakers (if that is what you meant)
... we already have a huge backlog ... therefore, we better talk
about it during regular calls first, have some idea on scheduling
before making the invitations.    (05)

5. Additionally, it is always nice if we can invite the candidate
speakers to participate in some of the community's activities
(come to our discussions, conference calls, ... etc.) prior to
our inviting them to speak. That way, their presentation stand to
be a lot more relevant too. Please extend the invitation to these
people to join us at our sessions.    (06)

Regards.  =ppy