[ontolog-forum] Feedback on ebXML Core Component Technical Specificatio

To: Mark Crawford <Mcrawford@xxxxxxx>, Jim Wilson <jim.wilson@xxxxxxx>
Cc: Ontolog Forum <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Kurt Conrad <conrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 03:03:11 -0800
Mark,

This comprises the Ontolog Community of Practice's response to your Call for Participation and Comments on version 2.01 of the Core Component Technical Specification (CCTS).

Based on work, to date, including an exploratory project to develop a formal ontological representation of the Core Component Types, we submit the following candidate requirement:

        Version 3.0 should include an informative ontology that formalizes key Core Component concepts.

The participation of UN/CEFACT members in Ontolog has been critical to our progress, and we look forward to continuing our working relationship with the UN/CEFACT Core Components Committee to move forward on our shared objectives. Perhaps we could set up a more formal liaison relationship between Ontolog and the Core Components Committee, one that goes beyond our currently overlapping memberships. A joint working group may now be in order.

In any event, we welcome any opportunity to schedule discussions to explore our overlapping interests, opportunities, and priorities.

Included are the following backup documents:

CCTS_v2-01_Memo.pdf

A copy of this memo.
This memo is also available at  http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/CCT-Representation/CCTS_v2-01_Comments/CCTS_v2-01_Memo.pdf

CCT_Rep_Report_2005-01.pdf

A report describing the analysis process and results from our Core Component Type Ontology ("CCT Representation") project.
This report is also available at http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/CCT-Representation/CCTS_v2-01_Comments/CCT_Rep_Report_2005-01.pdf

EIDX-20041201-AP-PY.ppt

An presentation introducing our approach and the CCT-Representation project, which was developed for the Semantic Harmonization panel at the recent EIDX workshop (http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2004_12_01).
This presentation is also available at http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/resource/presentation/EIDX_Semantic-Harmonization_20041201/Explicit_Semantics_for_Business_Ontology--AdamPease-PeterYim_EIDX-20041201.ppt

EIDX-20041201-KC-GN-RS.pdf

A Case for the Ontological _expression_ of E-Business Standards.
This paper is also available at http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/resource/presentation/EIDX_Semantic-Harmonization_20041201/Ontological_Expression_of_E-Business_Standards--KurtConrad-BoNewman-BobSmith_EIDX-20041201.pdf

For Ontolog,

/s/ kwc 2005.01.21 23:30

Kurt Conrad
2994 Salem Dr.