RE: [ontolog-forum] harmonizing the business processes themselves

To: <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Ed Dodds" <dodds@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 08:07:00 -0600
One of the other things we are doing in biz (SOX, XBRL, STF, eletronic
trading exchanges) is reducing the number of places industries can squirrel
away "gray money" -- bribes, kickbacks, gratuities, lobbyist fees, political
contributions. I have a working hypothesis that this is one (rarely
discussed in the print I've run across) factor for the resistance to
harmonizing and automating these processes. Is it possible that some
industries just need this layer in order to perform to Wall Street
expectations? I could be wrong -- it's happened before -- and I'm a
teachable sort...    (01)

Ed Dodds
dodds@xxxxxxxxxxx
<e-dodds.communications/>