Re: [ontolog-forum] What do ontologies have to do with meaning?

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 18:42:53 -0700
Hi Adrian,    (01)

 > ... a very interesting call for workshop papers ...    (02)

Yes, indeed.    (03)

 > is this a suitable topic for an extended discussion on this forum?    (04)

To this question, I guess one should revert back to our forum charter
(and, in particular, the first of its clauses):    (05)

   "Discuss practical issues and strategies associated with the
development of both formal and informal ontologies used in business."    (06)

[see: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl#nid011]    (07)

Therefore, in so far as the discussion is focused on the "business"
domain, it would be appropriate.    (08)

By the way, Bill McCarthy had alerted us earlier (see:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontolog-forum/2004-01/msg00093.html) of
FOIS 2004. Who else, besides Bill is expected to be going to Torino
this November?    (09)

Thanks for sharing this, Adrian.  -ppy
--    (010)

Internet Business Logic wrote Thu, 03 Jun 2004 19:21:29 -0400:    (011)