Re: [ontolog-forum] file comments -- representation issues: voting quest

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 23:48:23 -0800
Thank you, both, Pat and Adam for making this very important
discussion in the open forum.    (01)

I agree with Pat and encourage those in the community with enough
experience in ontology development, KR and ontological engineering to
chime in. I am sure a lot of us, like myself, are benefiting from the
discourse.    (02)

 > Should we have a vote on the question?    (03)

Personally, I don't think voting is an appropriate mean in settling a
matter like this. I wish we have consensus, or at least, make our best
attempt to attain one.    (04)

And if we don't? ... I don't have an immediate answer ... ideas
solicited too -- however, may I suggest that we don't delve on this
(voting, or other means of settlement) until we really have to.    (05)

-ppy

Patrick Cassidy wrote Sat, 21 Feb 2004 00:56:11 -0500:    (07)