[ontolog] Re: Large Ontologies in Use

To: "Uschold, Michael F" <michael.f.uschold@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "DLU Ontolog (E-mail)" <ontolog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Jones, David H" <david.h.jones@xxxxxxxxxx>
From: Ian Horrocks <horrocks@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 14:00:17 +0000
On November 13, Uschold, Michael F writes:
> Can anyone point to some very large ontologies that are in routine use? I
> know there are some in the medical informatics area, but am unsure of what
> they are called.  One is on the order of 35K items, perhaps in genetics.
>
> If anyone can supply any details I would be grateful.    (01)

The Racer folks were playing around with some very large ontologies
derived from UML (?) - universal medical language or some such. You
could as them about it. I think that the ontologies were very
simplistic (just properties, with ranges and domains).    (02)

Ian    (03)

--
To post messages mailto:ontolog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
An archive of the [ontolog] forum can be found