Re: [ontolog-admin] [onion-forum] First ONION Review Conference - Monday

To: carlmattocks@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: "[ontolog-admin]" <ontolog-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 09:32:44 -0800
Carl et al.,

A. I've added a listing of your events at:

(a) the MeetingsCalls page - http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?MeetingsCalls#nidRRC

(b) the News & Announcement section - http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nidRR5

(c) the (developing) ONION project home page - http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ONION#nidQR4

B. I've also created a placeholder page for you at "OnionProjectConferenceCall_2006_12_18"

(a) see: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OnionProjectConferenceCall_2006_12_18

(b) this would be a suitable WikiWord page title format for your future meetings too (as we have reserved  "ConferenceCall_yyyy_mm_dd" for calls /events that involves the entire Ontolog  community, and that [[ONION]] is not a WikiWord, making it difficult for us to put meeting pages as subpages to the project home page.)

C. For your reference, the way I'd usually go about creating/announcing a new event is:

(a) 'book' a date on the master MeetingsCalls page (this helps avoid conflicts) - ref. A.(a) above.
(a.1) since you have a project, you would want to register the meeting on your own project home page too - ref. A.(c) above.

(b) create a session wiki page and progressively build it out (by adding more details) - ref. B. above.

(d) add the event under "News and Announcements" - ref. A.(b) above

(e) send out a reminder 1~3 days before the event - like: http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontolog-forum/2006-10/msg00116.html

(f) after the event, making a post to the forum providing a brief on the proceedings - like: http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontolog-forum/2006-10/msg00124.html

Hope you find this process useful. Feel free to contact me (by e-mail or phone) if I can be of help.

Regards.  =ppy