[ontolog-admin] Access to Ontolog Events [was - Re: Conference Call Invi

To: Holger Stenzhorn <holger.stenzhorn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "[ontolog-admin]" <ontolog-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 08:27:24 -0700
Hi Holger,    (01)

Ontolog is strictly a volunteer community (so far.) Therefore,
Ontolog events are not funded or sponsored (yet) to provide free
dial-in for participants.    (02)

That said, (through the support/donation from CIM3) we have been
documenting and recording the proceedings on our wiki, and have
been making available (via download, podcast or telephone
playback) the audio archives (usually before the end-of-day of
the event.) ... Hope you'll be able to catch up via one of those
alternatives.    (03)

See:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2006_10_19#nidQVK    (04)

Thanks & regards.  =ppy    (05)

Peter P. Yim    (06)

Co-convener,
Ontolog Forum
http://ontolog.cim3.net/wiki/    (07)

President & CEO
CIM Engineering, Inc. (dba. "CIM3")
San Mateo, California, USA.
http://cwe.cim3.net/
+1 (650) 578-9998    (08)

http://xri.net/=Peter.Yim
--    (09)

Holger Stenzhorn wrote Wed, 18 Oct 2006 11:41:06 +0200:
> Hello,
>
> I had hoped to have some free call-in number like for OBI (see
>
>https://www.cbil.upenn.edu/fugowiki/index.php/ConferenceCallConnectionDetails).
>

> Because I am not in the office but at a friend's that day I cannot make
> such a (quite) expensive oversee call: Hence I would like to join but I
> am afraid that I cannot.
>
> Cheers,
> Holger    (010)

> Peter Yim schrieb Tue, 17 Oct 2006 16:22:00 -0700:
>> Hi Holger,
>>
>> Te phone number is listed on your 'invitation' and on the wiki session
>> page (see under:
>> http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2006_10_19#nidQTS).
>>
>> It is a US number, and you can dial long distance into that number.
>> Some members of the community call in via VoIP services (like Skype
>> <http://www.skype.com>) which allows them to connect up rather
>> inexpensively.
>>
>> All one would need is to be on the conference call (voice), and have a
>> browser ready, and pointing to the session page. If you are not
>> working behind a serious corporate firewall, you could even connect to
>> the vnc server, which will be showing the slides synchronously as the
>> speaker advances it.
>>
>> Are you joining us this Thursday? (I need to know so that I can order
>> enough lines for the conference bridge.)
>>
>> Look forward to talking to you on 11/19.
>>
>> Cheers.  =ppy
>> --     (011)

>> On 10/17/06, Holger Stenzhorn
>> <holger.stenzhorn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Hello Peter,
>>>
>>> Do you know how I can call in from Germany to this telco?
>>>
>>> Bye,
>>> Holger