ontoiop-forum

[ontoiop-forum] AB Review of the OntoIOp RFP, notes

To: OntoIOp open discussion <ontoiop-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Bock, Conrad" <conrad.bock@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2013 23:42:41 +0000
Fabian, et al,    (01)

Here are my notes from the AB review today.  Feel free to edit.  The SIMF RFP
is at doc.omg.org/ad/11-12-10 (no login needed).    (02)

Conrad    (03)

12/9/13, AB Review
  Elisa: All my comments are addressed in ad/2013-11-11.
  Pete: SIMF (bridging language).  Elisa: Compare to SMIF, shift LOIs to
    OntoIOp.
  Pete: Reasoning on ontologies that use multiple languages?  Fabian:
    Our implementations translate to most expressive language and reason
      over that.
  Pete: Concrete syntax for meta-language is textual or diagrammatic.
    Fabian: Not specified, but submitters would probably propose a
    textual syntax.
  Pete: How would semantics be specified for the meta-language?  Fabian:
    The meta-language semantics has "slots" for putting in domain
    languages. Pete: Would like requirements expanded to cover the
    relationship of meta-semantics to the domain semantics.
  Pete: Refer to BMI DMN (Decision Model and Notation).
  Pete: Non-monotonic languages, eg, SBVR.  Fabian: SBVR isn't
    non-monotonic, it's modal logic, which is no problem.  Non-mon are
    more troublesome, because they don't have a model-theoretic
    semantics.  Would be a challenge to cover in the framework.  Pete:
    Include in RFP.    (04)