ontoiop-forum

Re: [ontoiop-forum] AB Review of the OntoIOp RFP, notes

To: ontoiop-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Elisa Kendall <ekendall@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2013 15:51:42 -0800
Hi Conrad,    (01)

Thanks very much for this.  I've also emailed Cory, who I'm hoping will
provide his perspective on how SIMF and OntoIOp compare.  My own sense
is that OntoIOp could provide the axiomatic semantics that SIMF could
then build on, if the SIMF folk care to do so, but that they address
different levels of abstraction, and OntoIOp is not interested in
notation, which is one of the primary thrusts of SIMF.    (02)

If you and others on the list would also please review both the very
latest version of the OntoIOp RFP and the SIMF RFP and send along your
feedback, that would be most helpful.    (03)

We will be discussing the potential overlap and how to address it, if in
fact there is overlap, on Wednesday morning in the Analysis and Design
Task Force Plenary Session.    (04)

Best regards,    (05)

Elisa    (06)