ontoiop-forum

Re: [ontoiop-forum] AB Review of the OntoIOp RFP, notes

To: OntoIOp open discussion <ontoiop-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Christoph LANGE <math.semantic.web@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 08:26:59 +0100
> Here are my notes from the AB review today.  Feel free to edit.  The SIMF RFP
>is at doc.omg.org/ad/11-12-10 (no login needed).    (01)

Thanks, Conrad, for pointing this out.    (02)

@Till et al.: what I find interesting in the SIMF RFP is how they
structured section 6.4 "Related Non-OMG Activities, Documents and
Standards".  Their descriptions of, e.g., relevant W3C standards and
their relation to the RFP are more detailed than ours.  Not sure we
really _need_ this level of detail, but, for example, I don't know how
well the OMG community knows linked data, which we mention very briefly.    (03)

SIMF section 6.4.2.6 gives a good example of explaining linked data in a
nutshell.  If we wanted, I could adapt such a description for our RFP.    (04)

Section 6.4.4.1 does something similar for OOR, which might not well
known either in the OMG community.    (05)

Finally note how section 6.4.4.3 refers, without explicitly mentioning
its name, to the old OntoIOp-within-ISO effort :-)    (06)

Cheers,    (07)

Christoph    (08)

--
Christoph Lange, Enterprise Information Systems Department
Applied Computer Science @ University of Bonn; Fraunhofer IAIS

→ Semantic Publishing Challenge: Assessing the Quality of Scientific Output
  ESWC, 25–29 May 2014, Crete, Greece.  https://tinyurl.com/SPChallenge14
  Abstract submission until 7 March.    (010)