ontoiop-forum

Re: [ontoiop-forum] AB Review of the OntoIOp RFP, notes

To: OntoIOp open discussion <ontoiop-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Fabian Neuhaus <fneuhaus@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2013 17:06:18 -0800
Hi Conrad
Thank you very much, I think your notes cover everything very well.     (01)

The only point, which I understood differently (and maybe Elisa can clarify) is
about non-monotonic logics. I was under the impression that Pete did not know
that the issue was addressed in the RFP already, and was happy with what it
said, when he found the relevant section. I don't remember him asking for
adding something more to the RFP.     (02)

For everybody who did not attend the meeting: the reason why Conrad and Elisa
mention SIMF in their emails is that  the main criticism (and the part of the
discussion that took by far the most time) was about the relationship between
SIMF and OntoIOP. Pete Rivett argued that both RFPs overlap, and, that OMG
should not issue competing RFPs. It was actually suggested that we submit the
DOL specification as a response to SIMF. After some lively discussion the
result was that Elisa and I work (hopefully, with Cory) on clarifying the
relationship between OntoIOP and SIMF.     (03)

When I give my presentation on Wednesday to the task force, I will need to
address the issue. So any insights are welcome.     (04)

Best
Fabian     (05)

On 09.12.2013, at 15:51, Elisa Kendall <ekendall@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:    (06)